IF YOU LIKE THIS POST , OR AT LEAST ARE TROUBLED BY THIS, AS YOU SHOULD BE, FORWARD IT TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE. THEN ACT!
(Jump to end for next steps.)
First to my many Republican friends. I still love you. You are, after all, in so many ways, decent, caring people. When we pretend politics – and the future of our country and our families − doesn’t matter, we still get along wonderfully. BUT…
- If you continue to support a loathsome slug who openly boasts about groping and feeling up women (like your mom, wife, sister or daughter), that’s your business.
- If you’re OK with a pathological liar as President, well OK. (He’s also a borderline psychotic − on the wrong side of the border – check out his handshakes!!! )
- If you’re OK with the Trump family of kleptocrats abusing the high office of President of the United States to pad their personal worth out of everyone else’s expense, well… it’s my money too, you know.
- If you’re OK with what is now a deep cloud of toxic smoke rising from the fire of Trump and his supporters colluding with Russia to dismantle American democracy, well, what actually DO you care about?
- If you can pretend it doesn’t matter that Trump and the Radical Republican Extremists in Congress are increasing the systematic impoverishment of the Middle Class, the Blue Collar Class (aka the working poor), and the real poor, remember that it will eventually wind up being your money, too. And mine. I can think of better ways to spend what I worked a lifetime to build.
But when you give tacit acceptance to destroying the incredibly interconnected, fragile network of our planet’s natural ability to sustain all life (not to mention condominiums in Florida, Louisiana and Texas) then count me out!
It’s the air we breathe and the water we drink. But it’s also the life-threatening witch’s brew of chemicals we have allowed mega corporations to put into our and our children’s food for decades. ( So your kid’s got learning and developmental issues? Just sayin’…)
It’s the food we eat — as we continue to kill off species at a rate equal to the destruction of the diosauts – except this time, human beings are the (un)-natural disaster.
THERE IS NO CREDIBLE SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE DISPROVING THE DANGER OF GLOBAL WARMING AND THE ROLE OF HUMAN-PRODUCED CARBON EMISSIONS! NONE.
It’s science. Remember that? Some of us actually studied science in school. Measurable. Stick a damn thermometer in the ocean. Look at the melting ice caps. An 8th grader can conduct all the experiments a sane person would require in order to prove what happens when ocean temperatures rise 2 more degrees. All that means is that these crazies are stupider − or more destructive than an 8th grader.
All the arguments of Trump and the Radical Republican Extremists are lies, spread by the fossil fuel lobby – which now DOESN’T include Exxon Mobil!
Rather than eliminating jobs, we should embrace the emerging 21st Century economy to make America the global leader in non-carbon based energy (instead of China). It would open up the same kind of dynamic future that, with the onset of industrialization, drove America’s greatness in the two previous centuries. As a nation, our greatness has been to look forward, not backwards. But that’s where Trumpery leads.
FACT: The natural gas industry employs 362,000 workers, solar 374,000 and wind has 102,000 jobs, according to an Energy Department report. Coal companies employ 164,000 workers − a number which has been in decline for decades.
Trump’s had this fantasy about global warming for years. He has a lot of fantasies.
But it’s my future, your future, our children and grandchildren’s future that he and those who support him are attacking.
IT’S TIME TO SAY NO! FIND/RECRUIT LOCAL CONGRESSIONAL CANDIDATES – DEMOCRATS, INDEPENDENTS, OR (SANE) REPUBLICANS – WHO CARE ABOUT OUR FUTURE AND NOT JUST ABOUT STUFFING THEIR WALLETS AND OFF-SHORE BANK ACCOUNTS WITH OUR MONEY.
FIND CANDIDATES WHO ARE WILLING TO FIGHT FOR THE RULE OF LAW.
FIND CANDIDATES WHO STILL BELIEVE AMERICA’S PROMISE THAT “ALL PEOPLE ARE CREATED EQUAL AND ENDOWED WITH THE UNALIENABLE RIGHTS OF LIFE LIBERTY AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS.”
Support them with your time, your money as much as possible, and your passion.